Since 2000, Matom has supported the nuclear industry in engineering construction in plant modification and decommissioning, providing both specialist engineers and multi-skilled operational staff into nuclear build programmes. Matom’s diverse skill set has been synonymous with the provision of quality engineers to organisations as both Tier 2 and Tier 3 providers for a period of more than 10 years.
With a keen eye on budget, performance and strict quality control systems via our comprehensive Integrated Management System, Matom are the first choice for many of the UK’s nuclear programme managers.
Our staff are specially selected for each task to ensure they are Suitably Qualified and Experienced Personnel (SQEP) with the appropriate security clearance. With a combination of Matom employees and long term sub-contractor arrangements, Matom call upon an extensive pool of personnel with a range of skills and qualifications. Furthermore, teaming agreements with our US partners enable Matom to call upon even further specialist professional resource if required.
Matom can provide the following personnel and skills:
• Decommissioning Managers
• Decommissioning Supervisors
• Decommissioning Operatives
• Waste Management Operatives
• Engineering Operatives
• General Nuclear Operative
Matom’s decommissioning operatives have broad and diverse experience including (but not limited to):
• Airline suit entry
• Waste management
• PPE and routine inspections
• Working at heights (harness work)
• Lifting/manual handling/crane operations
• Fork lift truck operation
• High active plant removal
• Removal and size reduction
• Packaging of waste
• Plant and drum movements
• Mechanical decommissioning
• Plant maintenance
• HVAC decommissioning
• Plasma/Oxy-acetylene cutting
• Cold cutting – grinders, reciprocal saws etc.
• Tent and modular tent assembly
• Glove box and manipulator work
• Glove box decommissioning
• Pond decommissioning and decontamination
• Sludge removal and decontamination
Matom’s staff have worked in many of the UK’s operating and decommissioning nuclear facilities and many are certificated on sites such as; Trawsfynydd, Torness, Winfrith, Bradwell, Berkeley, Hunterston, Dounreay, Sellafield and Wylfa. There is extensive experience working in high alpha, beta/gamma contaminated environments.
Matom has experience of TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment)) where continuity of personnel is required when transferring to a new contractor.
For more information please contact us