Radiation Awareness for Employers
This course is aimed at employers wishing to employ staff to work in radiation environments, to ensure that they are fully aware of their legal requirements and to ensure legal compliance.
The course objectives are:
- To provide knowledge of the legislation that governs work with ionising radiation;
- To enable identification of legislation is relevant to their work, and how ensure to compliance;
- To emphasise the importance of compliance;
- To define the difference between an ‘Employer’ and a ‘Radiation Employer’;
- To provide a general awareness of the requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999, The Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010, The Radioactive Substances Act 1993 and The Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2009;
- To demonstrate the legal requirements relating to radiation protection must be considered at each stage of a project.
Contact us for more details.